Sustainable agriculture through the production and trade of quality seeds for the world.
What Does APSA Do?
- Organize Events for Members
- The Asian Seed Congress is our biggest annual event, attracting seed industry professionals from throughout the Asia Pacific regions and the world.
- Regional seminars and conferences provide a forum for the industry to address priority seed sector development, policy and trade issues, and make presentations.
- Study Tours provide an opportunity for members to visit countries around the world, learning about seed industry development, such as advancements made in seed research and technologies related to the improvement of seed yield.
- Compile and/or generate for dissemination among members technical and market-related information.
- Assist in the development of training courses through matching of needs and potentials, materials preparation, and mobilization of resources.
- Liaise as appropriate with other regional and international organisations concerned with seed.
- Develop position papers to provide input for the development and/or change of rules and regulations for seed and seed-related issues in the region.
- Engage in other activities that may be required to achieve the Association’s objectives.
- Maintain and sustain a regional forum, such as the Asian Seed Congress, for APSA members to address their needs and formulate positions and recommendations on seed issues to improve seed sector performance.
- Promote the development of the seed industry for the betterment of crop production in the region and promote the use of quality seed.
- Stimulate technical and business co-operation among members. Share information and experience between and among APSA members on all aspects of seed activities.
- Represent the interests of APSA members at regional and international levels. Establish and maintain relationships with other relevant organisations pursuing similar or related objectives.
- Encourage the establishment of Seed Associations in the region and support their development.
- Facilitate the international movement and marketing of seeds and planting material through various actions addressing the issues of relevance to the regional seed industry including quarantine and other trade issues.
- Facilitate and contribute to the harmonization of regulatory procedures for seed and seed related issues toward internationally accepted standards.
- Promote the establishment and protection of intellectual property rights for seeds, plant varieties and associated technologies.